2017 Tennessee Sustainable Transportation Awards and Forum
TDEC, in partnership with TDOT and Tennessee Clean Fuels, held the third annual Tennessee Sustainable Transportation Awards and Forum during Clean Air Month from May 23-24 at the Nashville Public Library.
The forum, entitled “Navigating Toward a Livable Tennessee,” highlighted local transportation planning and the pursuit of place-based policies and investments for improved transportation options in our communities. On May 24, Nashville Mayor Megan Barry delivered the morning address and unveiled her three year action agenda for transportation.
Also on May 24, TDEC and TDOT announced the winners of the 2017 Tennessee Sustainable Transportation Awards. The Awards recognize outstanding initiatives to improve the efficiency, accessibility, affordability, and sustainability of transportation systems in the state. A panel of judges selected the following entities as the 2017 winners of the Tennessee Sustainable Transportation Awards:
- Chattanooga Area Regional Transportation Authority
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency
- City of Johnson City
- IdleAir and Covenant Transportation Group, Inc.
- Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works
- Memphis Light, Gas and Water
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- Metropolitan Nashville-Davidson County Public Works Department
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- The TMA Group
- United Parcel Service, Inc.
To read the complete project descriptions for the award winning projects, click here.